Just because the weather gets colder, doesn’t mean you can’t still enjoy your favorite skirt. Skirts are also a wonderful addition to your senior picture wardrobe. It’s a great option for something other than jeans or dresses.
Here are 5 tips to think about when stylizing a winter skirt:
- Bare it all or not? Depending on the temp, you could leave your legs bare or add some tights. Tights can be ultra sheer (nude or black) or you can go thicker for the opaque look.
- Plan on boots. Since we’re going for a winter look, instead of wearing your sandals, pair your skirt with angle booties or thigh high boots. You could also wear some calf boots with a pair of cozy socks for an additional layering piece.
- Cozy on top. Heave knit sweaters are so adorable to wear with a skirt. A little tiny tuck in the front lets you show off the entire skirt. Don’t be afraid to also layer on a blazer or fall coat to add even more dimension to your outfit.
- Keep it proportional. If you plan to wear a full length skirt that has volume, you’ll want to keep your top a little more fitted. The same goes for a smaller mini, since we’re going for a cozier look, having a heavier knit sweater will help balance it out.
- Add texture. Since mini skirts cover less surface on your bottom half, this is a great time to play with textures or patterns without overtaking your outfit. Keep in mind, if you don’t want to emphasize your hips, then keep your skirts solid. You can still add texture with corduroy or suede.
If you’re interested in having us capture your senior pictures, contact us! We’re locating in Fargo, ND.