I want to introduce you all to one of my very talented and wonderful stylist! I’ve been working with Ashley for the past few years when it comes to stylizing clients for their senior pictures. I can only rave about all the great things she does. So…this blog is all about Ashley and what she has to say…
My name is Ashley Trappen. I was raised in Savage, Minnesota and moved to Fargo in 2009 to pursue my career in cosmetology. I have been married for seven wonderful years to my biggest supporter/husband Ricky and we have a spunky 7 year old and one little guy on the way.
Growing up, hair and makeup has always been a big part of my life. I completed my schooling from Joseph’s School of Hair Design in 2011 and from there have grown to love what I do everyday. Not only do I get to make woman feel beautiful inside and out, I get the chance to meet the most amazing, hard working, talented and inspiring women in the Fargo/Moorehead area.
I absolutely love working with my seniors. They inspire me every day to dream big and be my best. Along with build a lasting relationship with them and being apart of their lives. I love teaching and inspiring the girls that beauty doesn’t only come from the outside but the inside as well. When it comes to hair and makeup for your senior shoot we work hard to keep you looking like you. Natural soft curls for hair. Makeup natural but stands out as well.
7 Senior Shoot Tips & Tricks
1. Drink lots of water starting the week of the shoot. Water is a great moisturizer and detoxifies your hair and skin.
2. No harsh facials the week of to keep skin from breaking out.
3. Day of shoot: clean hair washed day before or day of and clean face.
4. If you color your hair, do it 1-2 weeks before your shoot to avoid any issues.
5. No sunscreen on face under makeup or within makeup. Sunscreen causes flash back in photography which makes for unwanted whiteness and more work for your photographer.
6. If you suffer from acne do not pick. It’s easier to cover and hide if it’s not red and irritated.
7. Have FUN! It’s your senior year.
I am so excited to meet and work with everyone of you on your photoshoot.
We all know that pastels are usually a popular color scheme for spring. It happens every year! This year though, there’s a little twist. Instead of the soft pastel colors that are slightly bright, they’re taking a dustier, less saturated, turn. Which I LOVE!! Check out some inspiration below for your spring senior pictures. Outfit…
Today, I want you to meet Meresa! She’s one of my stylist for senior pictures that does absolutely beautiful work!! You can see what she has to say below as well as some of her past work. If you’ve worked with Meresa, please comment a little message to her on your hair & makeup experience….
Just because the weather gets colder, doesn’t mean you can’t still enjoy your favorite skirt. Skirts are also a wonderful addition to your senior picture wardrobe. It’s a great option for something other than jeans or dresses. Don't keep it a secret…SHARE IT!